A new update has gone live forÂ Deus Ex: Mankind DividedÂ and it contains the newÂ BreachÂ game mode. The update is rolling out to the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC versions of the game and introduces the following:
- One new world:Â World 4A is being added, which consists of 9 entirely new maps.
3 new mapsÂ have also been added to the existing worlds.
NEW WEAPONS AND ITEMS
- 3 new items:Â Energy boost, HP boost, and memory space boost,Â available in 3 different sizes and rarities.
- 4 new Premium Weapons:Â The No Scope Sniper Rifle, Siege, 3RR0R EM Rifle, and the KABOOM Revolver.
2 Premium Ripper skins.
GENERAL BUG FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Polished and improved Challenge UI.
- Other bug fixes and improvements.
BreachÂ is an additional arcade-type mode that is launching for free within the main game. It puts you in the shoes of a Ripper and your objective is to steal and sell data in some of the world's most secure servers. Your character uses VR-like technology to infiltrate the servers so this allows the game to break away from its more detailed graphics, opting instead for simpler frame-based renditions of the characters, weapons, ad environment. It definitely reminds of games like Superhot in how minimal it makes everything look.
The arcade aspect ofÂ BreachÂ comes in the way of challenging others players in getting the higher score in a level with the winner gaining in-game cash for their achievement. The update's replay value will definitely depend on this competitive angle. With the game's own leaderboards, you are free to challenge anyone playing. If you're done withÂ Mankind Divided,Â head in theÂ BreachÂ and check out the challenges waiting there.